Shred Safe Infographic – Vancouver Coastal Health
Posted on September 1, 2016
For Vancouver Coastal Health’s 2016 Shred Safe campaign, I designed an infographic, as well as social media ads to accompany the press release and social media contest.
The public health initiative wanted to reduce the number of mountain biking accidents and congestion in hospital emergency departments.
Social media contest
Mountain bikers were encouraged to read our safety tips and enter to win up to $1,000 in prizes in protective gear and a skills course. To enter, users shared a mountain biking photo on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook with our hashtag, #IPledgeToShredSafe.
Shred Safe campaign results
- Infographic was delivered to media with the press release
- VCH contest page and rules
- Infographic included in articles such as CBC News and Georgia Straight
- Paid online advertising
- Designed 5 creatives to use for social media ads, which were also shared with partners to share on their own social channels
- $700 ad buy for Facebook and Instagram ads
- $100 ad buy for Twitter
- $200 ad buy for pinkbike.com
- Shared with VCH’s Senior Executive Team by my Director of Corporate Communications as an example to showcase the creative and engaging work happening on our team