Highlights of my life – 2012
Posted on January 1, 2013
It’s easy to feel like you aren’t doing something right, you’re not good enough, or you’re not where you want to be in life and let the bad things overshadow the good things.
Instead of dwelling on the negatives, take a moment to remind yourself of all the awesome things that has happened in your life and remember, “Someone else is happy with less than what you have.”
Keep a bragging list so you can look at it whenever you need a boost. Do a monthly review to keep it updated and keep yourself on the right track.
I’m grateful for where I am in life right now and I want to be proud of what I’ve accomplished in 2012 so here I am bragging away:
- Feburary 23: I facilitated at a conference for the first time. I presented social media and marketing in front of 15 delegates at AIESEC Coastal Conference in Victoria.
- May 5: I started my 2 month internship at Invoke Media, the creators of Hootsuite and experienced an agency work environment first-hand.
- June 15: I decided to organize a social media conference called, OMG Social Media Conference.
- September 4: I became the Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist at SAP Vancouver for an 8 month internship.
- October 5: I convocated from Simon Fraser University with a Bachelors of Business Administration concentrating in marketing and entrepreneurship with a minor in publishing.
- November 27: I volunteered for the Art of Marketing Conference and met Scott Stratten.
- December 12: I was nominated for Vancouver’s Social Media Awards for my YouTube channel.
- December 20: I travelled to Calgary for the first time.
What are you proud of from 2012? I hope you’re proud of your list but if you’re not, maybe it’s time to start doing more. Figure out what you want to be on your brag list for 2013 and make it happen!