Trip to Texas to learn about business intelligence and analytics!
Posted on March 23, 2013
I was over the moon when I got approval at the last minute to attend Gartner Business Intelligence and Analytics Summit in Grapevine, Texas! I’m an 8 month Social Media and Digital Marketing Intern at SAP and I already had the opportunity to do some business travel for the first time!
Before the trip, I did a lot of planning and brainstorming which really helped me be more efficient at the conference. I had to make a good impression since the company was paying for me to attend!
- How can I socialize SAP’s presence at the conference?
- What would be interesting to share from the conference?
- Which social media platforms should I focus on?
- What will I be posting?
- What other SAP social media accounts and teams should I ask to get involved?
- Who can I interview at the conference? What questions will I ask them?
- Do I have all the video equipment that I need?
- Which conference keynotes and workshops should I attend to take notes and live tweet from?
In the end, I was so happy with everything I learned, people I met and the social media engagement received!
Plus, I got to attend the Dallas Mavericks vs Oklahoma City Thunders NBA game in a box suite and an exclusive wine tasting dinner party. Plus, I got a ton of awesome swag!